Silent Warlords

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Silent Warlords
Silent Warlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Silent Warlords on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Silent Warlords on your social bookmarking website

Left 4 Dead Review

5 posters

Go down

Left 4 Dead Review Empty Left 4 Dead Review

Post by fusionx449 Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:25 pm

Left 4 Dead Review Left-4-dead-logo

So what is left 4 dead? Left 4 dead is a co-operative survival horror first-person shooter created by valvue whom also are the creators of half life/half life 2 and its many spin offs.

I will not go into the story, since i dont believe in spoiling the game for many of you..if i will i will warn you ok.

The game is based on 4 survivors that have been left in a city (name unknown),and want to escape..which basically serves as the story. At the beginning of the game you will watch a little cutscene that introduces each character (Francis, Louis, Bill and Zoey) who are trying to escape from the infected. From then on you will start the game (No mercy).

Gameplay

Very very good, its fast, furious, scary, bloody and down right nasty. Remember Dead Rising, sorry it was good but Left 4 Dead is much much better. If you have watched 28 days later and remember how the infected moved in there you will face similar foes. Honestly these guys come in masses and fast. Shoot a car which sets of the alarm and you will be swarmed with zombies.

The movement and control is Ace as well. B to reload, X to activate, open or pick item, Y is to switch weapons, the d-pad is mapped out as well (aligned with med kit, pills, flashlight and explosives). The usual FPS controls really.

you can only carry two weapons at a time, which is ok if you ask me. you will start with a pistol which will never run dry and you have a choice a few primary guns such as shot gun, SMG, M16 and sniper rifle. If you ask me there are enough weapons in this game so im not bothered about that, the basics are there and provide awesome visuals and a bang.

one thing you as the player will notice is that enemies will spawn at random (no fixed respawn) which basically means no play through will be the same. You might encounter a hunter or a tank one time but the next there might be nothing or instead there is a horde of zombies dashing after you.

The visuals

The game is very nice to look at. You can see its made by valve because sometimes you do think i have seen this before in half life2. Just look at the walls in left 4 dead and then look at city 17..you see simlarities.

certainly looks next gen..as this screenshot will show

Left 4 Dead Review Left_4_Dead_screenshot

The enemy

there are five basic infected. the horde are your standard zombies you will encounter them the most. Hunters are fast agile little bitches really who wll jump all over you, throw up on. The smoker is slower then the hunter but will drag you away with his tongue. The tank..well what else can i say huge and pritty hard to kill..i was amazed when i got hit by him..trust me i was shocked..and then we have the witch..a woman whom i believe didnt get out much before she died and was reborn as "the witch"..best to avoid her..one hit and you are down...you hear her before you see her..

sorry couldnt find a screenshot for this

having spoken about the game will now speak about whats good and whats bad

The good stuff

• Good Controls
    Good Enviroment
    Different
    The enemies will attack you left right and centre
    Lots and lots and lots of zombies
    Goood Achievements

the bad

• you dont really know whats going on at the start
    if you reload the flashlight doesnt stay up front
    ...nothing

conclusion

Amazing FPS worthy to stand along side the Half lfe series..i can only say if you havent bought this i would recommend buying it..The gameplay is good, he controls are nice and easy to used to, easy and hard achievements to unlock. Well what more can i say left 4 dead is a special game.

9/10

fusionx449...out

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead Review Empty left 4 dead review

Post by necronHavoK Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm

good review and a good description of the game
simple and good just like the game

necronHavoK
Warrior
Warrior

Male Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead Review Empty Re: Left 4 Dead Review

Post by fusionx449 Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

necronHavoK wrote:good review and a good description of the game
simple and good just like the game

thank you Smile

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:22 am

Nice review Fusion. Kepp them coming! Razz
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88
News Reporter and Xbox Goddess

Female Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidxEvil Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:05 am

A few things I would like to point out Razz

The screenshot you chose was for pc I beleive, but the review is on the 360 version graphics are alot nicer and shading well, just about everything is, ask Kim she seen the glory that was left for dead PC Razz

Also the flash light stays forward because its attached to the gun Razz lean forward while reloading it, makes you move realistically, also don't reload in the dark alone Razz

I think for real bad pointers, you should point out some real issues, like the clipping with the flash light, if you shoot a wall and shine your flash light at it, it clips the bullet holes making it look like new again, then if oyu turn your light off its full of holes, don't hold me to this it may have been fixed.

Also as for story, the story doesn't really matter, this game is pretty much arcade you pic a campaign and off you go through five blood soaked missions to get to safe rooms as you make your way accross town, or where ever you may be, this game was never about story, wich some people find a mild annoyance, but this game to me doesn't need story it all about the game play.

Also you missed out one of the most important infected, the boomer! without its vomit and explosive sticky blinding deaths, that attract every zombie in a block radius to attack any victum covered in this mess distracting them long enough for a smoker or hunter to eat one of his pals alive! well I say eat.. they mainly just beat you to death or claw out your nipples, so thats 6 infected, also I beleive orginaly if anybody cares there was two other types of infected that didn't make it to the game, infected dogs, I presume work like hunters, and screachers wich work like car alarms, they screach zombies come running, both was considered to powerful and cut from the cast how ever, or so I hear.

Also one little pet peeve, you compared it to another zombie game wich is third person and nothing alike really, Left4Dead is pretty much the first game I have played wich is anything like it, if somone knows any other fps survival zombie co-op shooter let me know, would be intrested in seeing it, I beleive zombie panic might be simlar but never played it just a presumption.

Other than that nice review and a well deserved score, I'm guessing you havn't played this game neerly enough yet, so go get addicted to it more because you want to be a veteran of the old content before the nice new content gets here, I may purchase this on xbox to play with you guys, even though the pc version is far superior and updated more and oyu have custom spray paint to gaffiti walls Very Happy in the words of vash! peace and love. xD
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 am

Yay Onis getting the xbox version *dances* Razz

Also as for story, the story doesn't really matter, this game is pretty much arcade you pic a campaign and off you go through five blood soaked missions to get to safe rooms as you make your way accross town, or where ever you may be, this game was never about story, wich some people find a mild annoyance, but this game to me doesn't need story it all about the game play.

I thought there was only 4 campaigns?
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

thanks for the feedback..hope i can make it into the team Smile

i see what i have to do now..

play the game more :p and write more reviews Smile

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidxEvil Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 am

tigerstripe88 wrote:Yay Onis getting the xbox version *dances* Razz

I thought there was only 4 campaigns?

Campaigns yes -,- each campaign has 5 missions if I remember correctly.
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatMazinga Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 am

I have to buy this game, but Resident Evil 5 first.
GreatMazinga
GreatMazinga
Forum OverLord
Forum OverLord

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2008-12-27

https://silentwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:19 pm

No get this 1st its more fun!
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 pm

yes every campaign has 5 missions...that correct...hmm its hard to say...re5 and l4d are very different games...but all great games!

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down