Silent Warlords

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Silent Warlords
Silent Warlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Silent Warlords on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Silent Warlords on your social bookmarking website

Thoughts on L4D?

+5
GreatMazinga
SolidxEvil
StarDustDragon
tigerstripe88
Nephstex
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thoughts on L4D? - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts on L4D?

Post by SolidxEvil Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:11 am

This game was made for steam, xbox version didn't impress me its frame rate was bollox it didn't work well, not smoothe enough.

And everyone complaining seems to be lacking the multiplayer side of the game, kim I know for a fact you don't play in propper teams and have friends to play with so you probably get bored and havn't learn't anything about the game in that respects, stardustdragon you are looking at this game all wrong, its a fast paced survival FPS the variaty is there to the point of balance.

As for witches moving around that would be even easier, if anything should have more witches, that would make it harder, in single player witches are not that special no, but this game was never made to be a single player game, witches are fucking horrible in multiplayer you play against my team you are going to be seeing one of your team mates say hi to the witch, you mix it up with smokers and boomers.

The boomer is an excellent tool combined with the smoker, hunters go in smoker pulls boomer throws up on the pulled victum and anyone else he can, then charges the other survivors to claw them, make sure your back is to the smoker, so when you get knocked or if you get knocked back you still protect and explode over the smokers victum by this time should be zombie panick all around leading to confusion anyway, to the vetrans tactics are pretty damn difficult, any more monsters would be pointless, editing some of current monsters is needed though, one example would be making smokers smoke cause area effect damege if you stand in it.

Overall though this game is a 9/10 for multiplayer it forces team work and makes you work togeather, it needs more multiplayer campaigns but hey thats already on its way.
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 am

Hmmm I wonder where my team is - oh on PC -.- No it is a good game and it would be awesome to set up a game on here
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88
News Reporter and Xbox Goddess

Female Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:49 pm

It would be wouldn't it? Like set teams and stuff Surprised

And yeah oni some valid points in there it does force teamwork but alot of the hardcore gamers who play it know where everything is cause the director AI is limited to how much it can randomize things >_<

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 721
Registration date : 2009-02-21

http://www.bebo.com/Nephstex

Back to top Go down

Post by matty120 Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:36 pm

All good points, but I really enjoy the game. Best part is playing the campaign on expert with a few mates, many a mother has been woken up by someone shouting the word "Tank!!!"

Also, how lethal are those sodding witches? Seeing someone getting killed in one hit is funny until you realise that she's still a little peckish.
matty120
matty120
Warrior
Warrior

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:05 pm

matty120 wrote:All good points, but I really enjoy the game. Best part is playing the campaign on expert with a few mates, many a mother has been woken up by someone shouting the word "Tank!!!"

Also, how lethal are those sodding witches? Seeing someone getting killed in one hit is funny until you realise that she's still a little peckish.

The witches aint so bad like i said the director AI is very repetitive and you sort of get used to where the witches are located. And i know what you mean about the tank XD

Good few drinks ive losed jumping up yelling that XD
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDustDragon Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:38 pm

hahahaha does anybody want to get the online of this game goin like for the game night
StarDustDragon
StarDustDragon
Warlord
Warlord

Male Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 am

It wouldn't be a bad idea really but like i mentioned in the scrolling banner forum it could be made one of the choices in a thread or a weekly poll from the threads but we will see Smile
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Illl definitly be up for a game although I warn you I am shit lol. If you get shot from behind dont blame me Razz
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:47 am

tigerstripe88 wrote:Illl definitly be up for a game although I warn you I am shit lol. If you get shot from behind dont blame me Razz

Nah i won't blame you, I'll just shoot you back instead then run away screaming while the horde chases after me...Karma...gotta love it Crying or Very sad

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am

I went on expert sprayed my uzi and all my team dropped haha neone wanna get the expert cheevos with me Wink
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 am

tigerstripe88 wrote:I went on expert sprayed my uzi and all my team dropped haha neone wanna get the expert cheevos with me Wink

I wouldn't mind but i need to get live renewed first. Not to mention a copy of the game itself but once i get both i'll be happy to let ya shoot me down Razz

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerstripe88 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 am

Its a date! Just post in the new game arranging thread (<----advertising Razz ) as soon as you get up and running again N
tigerstripe88
tigerstripe88

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidxEvil Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:31 am

Witches are never in the same place twice, you got to remember one campaign will last you a good hour or more, so playing two campaigns by that time you are ready for a break or bed in our case Razz Also its music is needed if you didn't see or here it coming you would be screwed as a survivor and its still damn scarey in multiplayer knowing theres a tank but its not coming, its like oh god oh god where is it, we are a veteran team so we just leave the tank to rotate around us.

I also noticed playing with kim the xbox players don't seem as smart or as good as the pc gamers, you still seem to run into alot of players that don't think, me personally thinks its the kids on lives to much about rushing and not enough about the thinking and tactics, I think because pc you require an expensive macine it attracts alot more adults than kids so you get a more respectable player base.
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 am

SolidxEvil wrote:Witches are never in the same place twice, you got to remember one campaign will last you a good hour or more, so playing two campaigns by that time you are ready for a break or bed in our case Razz Also its music is needed if you didn't see or here it coming you would be screwed as a survivor and its still damn scarey in multiplayer knowing theres a tank but its not coming, its like oh god oh god where is it, we are a veteran team so we just leave the tank to rotate around us.

I also noticed playing with kim the xbox players don't seem as smart or as good as the pc gamers, you still seem to run into alot of players that don't think, me personally thinks its the kids on lives to much about rushing and not enough about the thinking and tactics, I think because pc you require an expensive macine it attracts alot more adults than kids so you get a more respectable player base.

I found a witch in the same location a few times. Especially in No Mercy i found it covering the hole in the second chapter of it before you hit the switch to raise the door and the horde comes. But the music is too obvious a method and gives players too much of a chance to get prepared. Perhaps a louder roar etc would be a more subtle choice, besides in reality if you didn't hear the roar from an infected creature i doubt it is going to get out it's juke box and play it's theme song just to give you a healthy head start Razz

As for the gamers themselves, i found on PC there was more inexperienced players. I dunno maybe we both got unlucky where as you got the experienced players on the PC but not on the Xbox where as i got it the other way around Shocked

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:21 am

only just bought the game with link0180..gonna try it as soon as i can actually Razz..alot of players on my friendslist say its a hard game but i dont think it can be as hard as they say..

call of duty 4 was hard enough on vet mode

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on L4D? - Page 2 Empty left 4 dead

Post by necronHavoK Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:33 pm

its a good game. played on multiplayer. mixed bag of how hard it is. but fun either way. need to play single player. not encountered a witch yet. at least not a live one. need to play it more.

necronHavoK
Warrior
Warrior

Male Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:41 pm

finally got into it..such a laugh hahah..i recommend it to anyone who owns an xbox and likes to giggle

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Yes it is a rather hard game if you aint been playing it as often. If you look at past posts you can see what the game has to offer if you haven't played it before. If others have this game you could add their Gtags on the respected topic and hit Expert mode just to see how hard it is but either way hard or not it is still a pretty kick ass game and i will be getting this for College to pass the time i aint studying Smile

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:17 pm

i dont find it hard yet only playing it on normal..link0180 just has to learn to stick around me alot more...doesnt seem to understand team work just yet

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidxEvil Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 am

If you got a bad set of players on pc you must of found an anomaly in the pc universe, pc gamers have console and kick options they don't suffer idiot, the moment somone causes a team to die they get kicked, I havn't been in a game for weeks where I havn't witnessed average joe not got a clue whats going on get kicked from a game, heck you even get kicked if you don't keep up on pc, so you must of found a team full of new players wich is just bizzare to me, not to mention we have been palying it without glitches since forever as xbox only just started to lose them and bitch and moan about it so you tell me I'm wrong, glitching didn't happen on pc and I played this game as much as I play codWAW and I seen it twice and each time it was that guy gets kicked out of the room instantly, and the game goes back to lobby to replace him.

As for the music and zombies with jukeboxes, well Zombies!? if it was realistic there wouldn't be any zombies Razz
so this is not a realistic game if anything its an arcade shooter, so its supposed to be fast paced and like you're in a zombie action flick, the music adds to the gameplay it offers, so if you want somthing slightly more realistic maybe silent hill? or resident evil, but again because they are escapism and totally different games you probably won't find them that much better on the realism front.

Sorry neph, in a bad mood so you have got a blunt opinion.

Last edited by SolidxEvil on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by fusionx449 Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:29 am

l4d does seem to be abit of an arcade shooter but a fun one at that..

didnt actually know the game was based around films..good idea to be honest. the only thing i could say that isnt to good about the game is that some areas are very very dark but i guess that was meant to be like that

fusionx449
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by blisterfingers Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am

i would add more boss infected!!!!
severe lack of fun playing as a damn hunter all the time lol
and some more weaponry
and more set pieces e.g plane crashing at the end of dead air.
peace
blisterfingers
blisterfingers
Shadow Samurai
Shadow Samurai

Male Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephstex Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 am

Finally got the game for the 360 Smile

Now i can join in the infected versus survivors mayhem Smile

N
Nephstex
Nephstex
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatMazinga Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:17 pm

I am going to have to invest in this for sure, could get a few of us on it together then.
GreatMazinga
GreatMazinga
Forum OverLord
Forum OverLord

Male Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2008-12-27

https://silentwarlords.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SolidxEvil Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Serious lack of fun playing as hunter!? I should smack you..

Hunter is the back bone of dps, you use right click in small places and out in the streets you jump from miles to hammer a quarter of the life bar off in one attack, and if you set your self on fire you again take chunks of health away, I love the hunter, I hate the smoker, I prefer being boomer and hunter, I can work both of those classes to maximum effect, the smoker is just a distraction class that holds the enemy up or ensures the hunters don't get disturbed.

I also played on a server the other night that had 2 witches in each level and 2 tanks, was funny as fuck when the guy startled both witches sitting neer each other he got claw raped in 2 seconds his team was like aaah!! wtf!? they killed one but was destroyed by my team while the witch made a feast out of one of them, left4dead is one of the best multiplayer experiances to offer to date.
SolidxEvil
SolidxEvil
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next